Barbers Hill ISD professional development opportunities are now listed in Eduphoria! This site allows you to search for and register for sessions with ease. It also tracks your professional development, so you can access your records at any time. Download User's Guide
Session information is accurate as of the date posted. Sessions, dates, and times are subject to modification as changes occur. Sessions are subject to cancellation if there are insufficient pre-registrations received. New sessions will be added as they are scheduled. Check back often. Download User's Guide
To view professional development opportunities being offered by BHISD, or to register for a particular session, please click on the "Professional Development Course Offerings and Registration" link below.
We are excited to provide additional professional development opportunities for educators through Texas Gateway Courses which are offered by TEA in an online format. Through Gateway Courses, teachers have anytime, anywhere access to training that is TEA-approved and available at no cost. These courses involve participants as they watch instructional videos, engage in interactive activities, participate in discussions, and earn CPE credits. BHISD approved Gateway Courses are listed below:
How do I Sign Up for a Gateway Courses Account?
1. Complete the registration form at https://www.texascourses.org/register
2. When you submit the form, you will receive an activation email.
3. Click on the link in your email to activate your account and complete the registration process.
4. Once your account has been established, you may search for courses at https://www.texascourses.org/courses
6. You will then be able to click “View Course” to begin.
How do I Access my Registered Gateway Courses at Another Time?
1. To access the courses you are enrolled in, sign into your Gateway Courses account at www.texascourses.org/login
2. This will take you to a list of all of your current courses.
3. Click “View Course” next to the course you would like to access.
Can a Gateway Course be used for exchange time?
If you are seeking exchange time, you need principal approval prior to registering for the course.
How do I Receive Credit from Barbers Hill ISD for Gateway Courses?
1. To receive BHISD credit, you will need to complete the course and obtain the Certificate of Completion.
2. Submit the Certificate of Completion to Tammi Prothro and your campus principal. Retain a copy for your records as well.
3. Once the certificate is received, you will be enrolled and awarded credit in Eduphoria as a record of your participation and completion in the Gateway Courses.
Certified provider: Barbers Hill ISD is a TEA-certified provider of professional development training.
Scheduled in-service days: sessions offered during scheduled in-service times may offer CPE hours, but will not be available for exchange purposes unless otherwise noted.
Technology-sponsored sessions: certain technology-sponsored sessions may (with principal approval) qualify as exchange hours.
Responsibility of individual: It is the responsibility of the individual employee to ensure he/she has enough hours for exchange days or make up days, or enough CPEs for certification purposes. No one should depend on a single provider for the required hours. While every effort is made to ensure a variety of training opportunities, there is no guarantee that any course or courses published for presentation by BHISD will meet your individual requirements.
- Texas Education Agency
- State Board for Educator Certification
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- National Education Agency
- No Child Left Behind
- SBEC Tech Apps Standards for Professional Educators
- TEKS - Tech Apps all levels
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- NETS - Teachers
- NETS - Students