We are excited to provide additional professional development opportunities for educators through Texas Gateway Courses which are offered by TEA in an online format. Through Gateway Courses, teachers have anytime, anywhere access to training that is TEA-approved and available at no cost. These courses involve participants as they watch instructional videos, engage in interactive activities, participate in discussions, and earn CPE credits. BHISD approved Gateway Courses are listed below:
List of BHISD Approved Gateway Courses
How do I Sign Up for a Gateway Courses Account?
- 1. Complete the registration form at https://www.texascourses.org/register
- 2. When you submit the form, you will receive an activation email.
- 3. Click on the link in your email to activate your account and complete the registration process.
- 4. Once your account has been established, you may search for courses at https://www.texascourses.org/courses
- 5. Once you have selected a course and review the course overview, click the “Enroll in [Course ID]” button for that course.
- 6. You will then be able to click “View Course” to begin.
How do I Access my Registered Gateway Courses at Another Time?
- 1. To access the courses you are enrolled in, sign into your Gateway Courses account at www.texascourses.org/login
- 2. This will take you to a list of all of your current courses.
- 3. Click “View Course” next to the course you would like to access.
Can a Gateway Course be used for exchange time?
If you are seeking exchange time, you need principal approval prior to registering for the course.
How do I Receive Credit from Barbers Hill ISD for Gateway Courses?
- 1. To receive BHISD credit, you will need to complete the course and obtain the Certificate of Completion.
- 2. Submit the Certificate of Completion to Tammi Prothro and your campus principal. Retain a copy for your records as well.
- 3. Once the certificate is received, you will be enrolled and awarded credit in Eduphoria as a record of your participation and completion in the Gateway Courses.