The Barbers Hill Distinguished Alumni and Honorary Eagle program was begun in 2009 to recognize former students and individuals who have made a lasting contribution to the district, the community, and society as a whole.
Each year, a Distinguished Alumnus and an Honorary Eagle are selected based upon character traits of leadership and service, with the nominee’s personal and professional successes being an additional factor considered. Examples include:
- Active participation in community, state, or national activities
- Evidence of a lasting contribution to an organization, business, or society in general
- Exhibited leadership ability
- Distinction in personal and professional life
- Distinguished Alumni candidates must be a graduate from Barbers Hill Classes 1929 - 1990.
An Honorary Eagle is someone who is not a Barbers Hill graduate but who has had a lasting and profound effect on Barbers Hill, its students, and its community through involvement, leadership and support.