ACT College Admissions Test
The ACT is a standardized achievement test designed to demonstrate how prepared a student is for college by measuring the student’s knowledge and skills in the subjects they have taken in high school.
- Subject content includes English, math, reading, science reasoning, and optional essay
- 2 hours and 55 minutes (3 hours 40 minutes with essay)
- scored on a scale of 1-36 and score is valid for college admission for five years
- provides accommodations for students with disabilities and English language supports
- preparation includes the ASPIRE for grades 3-10 and the PreACT in grade 10 to measure growth