Gifted and Talented
A gifted/talented (G/T) student is a child or youth who performs at or shows the potential for performing at a remarkably high level of accomplishment when compared to others of the same age, experience, or environment and who
- exhibits high performance capability in an intellectual, creative, or artistic area;
- possesses an unusual capacity for leadership; or
- excels in a specific academic field. (Texas Education Code §29.121)
The state's goal for G/T students is to ensure that those students who participate in G/T services demonstrate skills in self-directed learning, thinking, research, and communication. G/T students develop innovative products and sophisticated performances that reflect individuality and creativity and are targeted to an audience outside the classroom.
G/T Identification Information
- Current BHISD students may be referred for gifted and talented services each year. An online referral form will be posted on the website at the start of the referral window. The referral window will be announced on the website and through campus communication.
- Transfer students that were previously identified as gifted and talented will have records requested and reviewed by our G/T Determination Committee prior to services being provided in BHISD.
- Ken Ken Puzzle
- Khan Academy
- Mensa For Kids
- You CAN Do the Rubik’s Cube
- Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented (TAGT) Scholarships
- Texas Performance Standards Project
- Stories with Holes
- Prufrock Press
- Gifted and Talented Supplemental (162) Certification
- University of North Texas G/T Graduate Studies
- Graduate Academic Certificate online program
- Master of Science online program
- Doctorate of Philosophy
- TAGT OnDemand
- University of Texas High School Online G/T Professional Development
- Gifted and Talented Plan for BHISD
- Texas Education Agency Gifted and Talented
- Texas Association for Gifted and Talented (TAGT)
- TAGT Parent Webinars
- National Association for Gifted Children
- Hoagies’ Gifted Education Page
- 18 Resources for the Parents of Gifted Students
- Top Summer Camps for Gifted Children
- Space Camp
- Educational Enrichment Programs
Gifted Education Family Network
Families of GT students statewide are invited to join a new network for Texas GT families!
The Gifted Education Family Network (GEFN) is a new opportunity for GT families to receive support, information, and connections with other families, facilitating positive advocacy for Texas GT programs, GT funding, and excellence in gifted education. GEFN is committed to equity and diversity in gifted education. We support the annual GT Parent Conference at the Baylor Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development and other low-cost opportunities for parent engagement across the state.
GT parents from all regions of Texas are invited to join us for free, to subscribe to our e-mail news (https://giftededucationfamilynetwork.org/subscribe/), to explore our website, and to follow us on social media (please visit our site for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram links: https://giftededucationfamilynetwork.org/).