Barbers Hill ISD professional development opportunities are now listed in Eduphoria! This site allows you to search for and register for sessions with ease. It also tracks your professional development, so you can access your records at any time. Download User's Guide
Session information is accurate as of the date posted. Sessions, dates, and times are subject to modification as changes occur. Sessions are subject to cancellation if there are insufficient pre-registrations received. New sessions will be added as they are scheduled. Check back often. Download User's Guide
To view professional development opportunities being offered by BHISD, or to register for a particular session, please click on the "Professional Development Course Offerings and Registration" link below.
- Exchange Day Procedures
- Credit for Attendance
- Educator Resources
- Sheltered Instruction Training Series
- Have Questions?
Certified provider: Barbers Hill ISD is a TEA-certified provider of professional development training.
Scheduled in-service days: sessions offered during scheduled in-service times may offer CPE hours, but will not be available for exchange purposes unless otherwise noted.
Technology-sponsored sessions: certain technology-sponsored sessions may (with principal approval) qualify as exchange hours.
Responsibility of individual: It is the responsibility of the individual employee to ensure he/she has enough hours for exchange days or make up days, or enough CPEs for certification purposes. No one should depend on a single provider for the required hours. While every effort is made to ensure a variety of training opportunities, there is no guarantee that any course or courses published for presentation by BHISD will meet your individual requirements.
- Texas Education Agency
- State Board for Educator Certification
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- National Education Agency
- No Child Left Behind
- SBEC Tech Apps Standards for Professional Educators
- TEKS - Tech Apps all levels
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- NETS - Teachers
- NETS - Students
Sheltered instruction is an instructional approach that uses various strategies to ensure that grade-level instruction provided in English addresses both content and language objectives. Through sheltered instruction, students master the required essential knowledge and skills and become proficient in the English language.
Teachers who successfully complete the Sheltered Instruction Training Series through the TEA Gateway courses earn a total of 20 CPE hours.
Upon successful completion of each course, you will be prompted to generate and save a course completion certificate. As a general rule, those who complete the training series will earn the following seven (7) certificates:
1. ELL Foundations: Second Language Acquisition (1 certificate)
2. ELL Foundations: Guidance and Support for ELLs (1 certificate)
3. ELL Foundations: Effective Instructional Strategies and Routines (1 certificate)
4. ELL Foundations: Assessment and Data-Driven Instruction (1 certificate)
5. ELPS Academy (1 certificate)
6. Implementing the ELPS (subject area of your choice, 1 certificate)
7. ELL Instructional Videos (subject area of your choice, 1 certificate)
The following Sheltered Instruction Training Series checklist can be downloaded, printed, and used to help track your completion of sheltered instruction training. Link to Sheltered Instruction Training Series Checklist PDF
Once teacher have completed all courses, they will submit copies of each certificate to the office of the Bilingual/ESL Coordinator, Natasha Holden, to obtain a Barbers Hill ISD Sheltered Instruction certificate. If you have any questions, please contact Natasha Holden directly.