Student Observation/Student Teacher
Barbers Hill ISD Observation Requirements for Teacher Preparation Programs and University Students/Student Teachers
Barbers Hill ISD will allow individuals who need to fulfill university or Teacher Preparation Programs requirements to observe teachers as they interact with students in the classroom.
To apply for field experience observation hours:
- Complete a Criminal History Authorization form.
- Attach your Program Verification form. This verification should be a recent Letter of Acceptance or Verification Letter of your participation in a university, college or ACP program and approved certification area. This letter must be on your program letterhead and must have a signature from an authorized program representative.
- Submit all forms by fax to 281-576-3424 or email to Emily.Garrett@bhisd.net.
- Once all forms are submitted and processed, you will receive an email when you are approved to observe.
- Once approved, the student observer is responsible for scheduling observation time through each campus secretary. Please do not contact the campuses prior to approval.
If approved, the student must bring their driver’s license the day of the scheduled observation to have a visitor badge issued. ALL visitors in BHISD must wear a badge when visiting on any of our campuses. The student must check in at the front office upon arrival to and departure from the campus.
STUDENT TEACHER / INTERNSHIP AT BHISD
Anyone interested in completing their Student Teaching / Internship at BHISD should have the University Field Officer contact:
Asst. Superintendent of Human Resources
281-576-2221 ext. 1255 or Barbara.Ponder@bhisd.net
University students should not contact the campuses directly for approval.