Due to Texas state law requirements for punctual reporting of on the job injuries or a work related illness, you must report every incident accurately and promptly. Failure to report can result in substantial fines assessed by the Texas Workers’ Compensation System. ALL on the job injuries and/or work related illnesses must be reported to the BHISD Benefits Department.
Immediately after an accident, forms must be filled out completely. Failure to complete every item on these forms may delay processing of an injury claim.
If injured, the employee shall notify the supervisor immediately or go to the campus nurse or designee:
- If injury is life threatening and requires emergency medical treatment, call 911, then please notify the Benefits office at 281.576.2221 x 1284.
- If injury requires minor medical attention, please advise employee they must go to a doctor in the Alliance and give them:
- “Employee Packet if Seeking Medical Attention” - includes a list of doctors in the Alliance within 20 miles.
- Copy of completed Employee Injury Report
- Completed Verification of Employment Form
Please send the completed Employee Injury Report & Employee Acknowledgment of the Alliance Form to Sandra Westerberg in the Benefits Office.
- Employee Injury Report (Complete for all incidents)
Acknowledgment of Alliance Form – English & Spanish (Complete for all incidents)
Verification of Employment Form (Complete if Seeking Medical Attention)
- Employee Packet if Seeking Medical Attention (English)
- Employee Packet if Seeking Medical Attention (Spanish)