Welcome to the Energy Management web page for Barbers Hill ISD! The Energy Department is located within the Maintenance Department and is an integral part of the day-to-day operations at Barbers Hill. Diligently striving to maintain the Tradition of Excellence, the Energy Department is dedicated to being a good steward of the tax payers financial resources and committed to protecting the Southeast Texas environment. With that in mind, the department works hard to conserve energy to ensure the comfort of students and staff alike. They also enhance the learning environment by saving money allocated to utility bills and putting it back towards other budgetary needs.
Mild weather conditions in October enabled BHISD to save 16,763 KWHs, for a total savings of $5,908.82 compared to last year. This includes all construction currently in progress. At the middle school, "Automated Logic" installed a $1,700.00 computerized touch screen TV and program that shows live electrical data used and also shows power consumption by the minute. Funding for this project came from SEP (Supplemental Environment Projects) funds and will be utilized by our STEM classes as well as the Energy Department. In the future with this data we will be able to compare electrical usage between all buildings in the district.
Did you know?
You can negotiate your own electrical provider by going to powertochoose.org. There you will find current electrical rates of the various providers. Don't wait...shop, compare, and choose today!
What you need to know...
Educate yourself on energy, the environment, and your effect on them by opening the six links below.
- Why all this talk about energy? Learn about what energy is and how it relates to you at Energy Star.
- Welcome to Earth! Take a step back to see the beauty and complexity of the world around you at EEK! Environmental Education for Kids.
- Play this interactive game that challenges you to capture clean energy from the wind and the Sun to produce enough electricity to run the town at Climate Kids - NASA's Eyes on the Earth.
- Learn about energy through history and fun games and activities at Energy Kids.
- Energy is very important. It is something that kids need and use every day at home and at school. Learn more about what kids can do to help conserve energy at home at the Home Advisor Website.
- TEMA - Texas Energy Managers Association is a professional association for those responsible for energy management in Texas public entities.