Suburban/Car Request Guidelines
Suburban Request Form
To allow employees the use of a BHISD vehicle for work related travel.
1. Use of district vehicles must be made utilizing the Google Form link above. Upon requesting a district vehicle, your Texas driving record will be ran to ensure you are eligible and have not been disqualified from driving a school vehicle due to point assessments on your record. All information received will be kept strictly confidential.
2. Confirmation/Denial will be sent to the requestor through email. You will be asked to submit confirmation if there are questions about the scheduling.
3. Vehicle use may be denied for the following reasons:
- Driver not approved
- Not following guidelines
4. All vehicle accidents and/or emergencies must be reported to the Director of Transportation as soon as possible so that necessary steps can be taken to address those concerns.
5. All traffic violations incurred while using the district vehicle are the financial responsibility of the driver.
6. If students are transported in vehicles they must wear seat belts at all times.
7. Personal vehicle parking should be in the parking spot that your district vehicle was parked in, or the football stadium next door. Please do not park where there are no parking signs, or anywhere that buses are backing out
8. Keys, gas cards and receipts are to be turned in promptly after the use of the vehicle. If returning after 5:00 PM, items are to be placed in the night drop box located by the back door in the location near vehicle parking. DO NOT LEAVE THE KEYS IN THE VEHICLE.
9. You must receive a printed receipt when purchasing fuel. If a receipt is not printed at the pump at the time of fueling, you are required to go inside the store for a printed ticket. Habitual tardiness in turning in receipts or failure to turn in receipts is not acceptable and may result in future considerations for the use of the vehicles.
10. If using the vehicle after normal business hours, you will be required to pick up spare keys and gas cards in advance. Failure to do so may result in you making other arrangements with your Principal/Supervisor’s approval or cancellation of the trip.
11. The actual vehicle assigned may change at any time based on need. The Transportation Supervisor reserves the right to make a more workable operation.
12. If your Principal/Supervisor permits rental vehicles, all drivers of rental vehicles and the type of rental vehicle must be approved by the Director of Transportation or Assistant Superintendent of Planning & Operations.
13. It is imperative that you notify the Transportation Department when the use of the vehicle is not needed or the trip is canceled. A waiting list is maintained on the books and the vehicle may be rescheduled in accordance with a priority list.
14. Remove all debris: parking lot passes, candy/gum/drink containers from the vehicle. Trash can is located by night drop box for your use.
15. Please be reminded you are representing the District when driving one of its vehicles. Follow these basic rules:
- Observe all traffic laws at all times
- Observe all speed limits carefully
- Radar detectors are not permitted
16. Failure to abide by the above guidelines may disqualify driver from vehicle use.