School Health Advisory Council
Barbers Hill ISD School Health Advisory Council Assessment
Statement of Public Inspection 2017 - 2018
Every independent school district is required by law to have a School Health Advisory Council; of which the majority of members must be parents who are not employed by the school district (Title 2, Chapter 28, Section 28.004 of the Texas Education Code.
The School Health Advisory Council meets a minimum of four times each year as required by state law. Meeting agendas and minutes will be posted on the web site or you can request a copy by contacting Colleen Goundrey, Coordinator of Health Services at 281-576-2221 x1444 or email@example.com.
Barbers Hill ISD continues to offer structured physical activity in grades K-5 for a minimum of 135 minutes per week. All campuses meet or exceed the 135 minute state requirement through a combination of physical education classes, structured morning activity, structured recess, and through music classes. Students in grades 6-8 receive the state requirement of four semesters. Students in seventh grade receive daily physical education class for two semesters. High school students are required to take the state minimum of two semesters of physical education.
Nutrition education involves sharing information with families and students regarding healthy eating habits with monthly wellness flyers provided on the website. The school cafeteria displays posters to promote healthy eating habits at school.
- High School Campus Coordinated Health Checklist (PDF)
- Middle School North Campus Coordinated Health Checklist (PDF)
- Middle School South Campus Coordinated Health Checklist (PDF)
- Elementary School North Campus Coordinated Health Checklist (PDF)
- Elementary School South Campus Coordinated Health Checklist (PDF)
- Primary School Campus Coordinated Health Checklist .pdf
- Kindergarten Center Campus Coordinated Health Checklist (PDF)
- DAEP Campus Coordinated Health Checklist (PDF)