STOPit (Report Suspicious Behavior)
Report Suspicious Behavior
Learn about STOPit
Barbers Hill ISD uses STOPit, an online and app-based system, to empower students, parents, teachers and others to anonymously report anything of concern to school officials - from cyber-bullying to threats of violence or self-harm.
STOPit does more than just help schools address incidents and mitigate risk. STOPit will also help us go beyond reacting to bullying and inappropriate behavior, and instead start deterring it. As young people continue to engage more with technology every day, Barbers Hill ISD is taking a proactive step to empower students to become Upstanders in our community in the way that they feel most comfortable. BHISD believes adoption of STOPit is an important step in the continued effort to provide a positive school climate and a safe learning environment for students.
How to Report Your Concern
With STOPit, users can submit anonymous reports containing text, photos, or video. Administrators are then able to manage incidents in a backend management system called STOPit ADMIN. STOPit ADMIN provides efficient and powerful investigative tools to staff, including the ability to message with the reporter, which will allow BHISD to address issues instantly.
Please keep in mind, STOPit is not an emergency response service. If you believe your call requires immediate police, fire, or paramedic response, call 9-1-1. STOPit does not provide counseling or clinical advice. If you feel you need this type of attention, please seek the assistance of a qualified clinical or medical professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is STOPit really anonymous?
- How does the STOPit mobile app work?
- What happens after a STOPit report is made?
- What student information does the school or user need to provide to STOPit?
- What information do you collect or share about my child, and what are my rights as a Parent?
- Who receives the reports my child submits via STOPit?
- Can I as a parent, teacher or community member use the app to report incidents?
- I have additional questions about STOPit. Who can I contact?