Registration for Pre-K students requires students to be declared eligible for services. The Texas Legislature determines eligibility requirements for free, public Pre-K in Texas. Listed below are the eligibility requirements. Documents to prove eligibility will be submitted through the online application.
Please select one of the options below that best describes your situation:
We are very proud of our Pre-K program. Our program implements a comprehensive preschool curriculum that focuses on developing the whole child. Our multisensory program is child-centered and literacy-focused, integrated with instructional approaches building mathematical and scientific knowledge. The program stresses the importance of experiential learning, social and emotional development, teacher-child relationships, and home-school connections.
To be eligible for enrollment in a free prekindergarten class at Barbers Hill Pre-K Center, a child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- is economically disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the national school lunch program)
- is homeless, as defined by 42 USC, §11434a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Family Code §262.201
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as
- a peace officer under Texas Government Code §3106.002
- a firefighter under Texas Government Code §3106.003
an emergency medical first responder under Texas Government Code §3106.004
Proof of eligibility must be provided and verified to complete the enrollment process.
Our teachers are highly qualified and trained in order to meet the needs of your preschool child. We know you will find the program a wonderful learning experience for your little one.
More information can be found in the Pre-K Enrollment Package.