The mission of Barbers Hill Instructional Technology is to provide a 21st century learning environment that fosters innovation and creativity through the use of technology enhanced curriculum. Administrators, teachers, and staff will be provided with high-quality professional development that incorporates engaging technologies and pedagogical support in collaborative, inquiry-based learning environments. This 21st century approach will promote student success, inspire a passion for and encourage life-long learning.
The goal of technology-related professional development is to empower administrators, teachers, and staff to infuse technology into curriculum/instruction and administrative/management functions. To reinforce learning and sustain their continuous improvement, staff members will be provided ongoing assistance and access to site-based technology support. This on-going support may include e-mail communications, online tutorials, discussion groups, and access to online research and materials.
- Provide professional development for all personnel that will promote forward thinking and innovation through the use of technology.
- Provide teachers and administration the digital tools and resources to engage students in meaningful curricular.
- Promote and Model 21st century learning and teaching.
- All instructional staff will implement the National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers.
- The Technology Department will develop and implement a staff recognition program.