Beginning November 2, 2020, BHISD will offer face-to-face learning only. We believe this is the best option for our students and staff at this time. Barbers Hill's safety protocols have been very effective, as less than half of one percent of students and staff have tested positive for COVID-19 since school began.
|High School||Kelly Barreraemail@example.com||281-576-2221, ext. 1278|
|Middle School North||Lindsey Hinojosafirstname.lastname@example.org||281-576-2221, ext. 1447|
|Middle School South||Lezley Guzmanemail@example.com||281-576-2221, ext. 1308|
|Elementary School North||Brooke Naquinfirstname.lastname@example.org||281-576-2221, ext. 2890|
|Elementary School South||Cyndi Cookemail@example.com||281-576-2221, ext. 1522|
|Early Childhood Center||Denna Watkinsfirstname.lastname@example.org||281-576-2221, ext. 3104|
|Pre-K Center||Ginger Alexanderemail@example.com||281-576-2221, ext. 2204|
Parents who choose to withdraw their student from BHISD have four options:
- Seek enrollment for your student in a district that offers remote learning.
- Enroll your student in an online school such as
- Enroll your student in a home school program. Visit Withdrawing from BHISD to Home School for more details.
- Enroll your student in an accredited private or charter school (https://tea.texas.gov/texas-schools/general-information/finding-a-school-for-your-child/finding-a-school).
Regardless of the option you select above, the following steps are required of ALL STUDENTS who withdraw from BHISD:
- Contact your child’s Campus Registrar (see above) to notify of your intent to withdraw
- Schedule an appointment with the Campus Registrar to complete paperwork
- At your appointment, settle any outstanding charges in your child’s accounts, such as School Nutrition and Library accounts.
- At your appointment, return all district equipment such as:
- Technology items (Chromebook, calculator, etc.)
- Library books
- Other items checked out to student
- Provide contact information for the school to which your child will transfer