Be sure to check your student's backpack each Tuesday for communication from school to parents.
1. Students have a scheduled library visit each week, but will have various opportunities to visit the library before school and during Open Library times.
2. Students may check out two books at a time.
3. Books are due on the student's scheduled library day. If rechecking a book, students must have the book with them to recheck.
4. If a student is absent on his/her library day, books are rechecked for that student and will be due at their next scheduled library time.
5. While fines are not charged at the elementary level, students must be diligent in returning books in a timely manner. Books may be renewed 3 times before it must be returned for the next reader on the list to check out. Students returning all books each library visit will be permitted to check out the maximum number of books.
6. Accidents do happen....but lost or damaged books must be paid for so we can replace that copy. Students may check out only one book until fees are paid.
Paws.....for Some Fun Library Activities
It's going to be a spectacular year in the BHE North Library. With so many excellent books to choose from and fun activities just waiting to happen, our library is a busy and exciting place. Some highly anticipated activities for the first semester.....our Scholastic Book Fair and our Fall Book Swap. More details coming soon.
Fifth graders --- We are looking for responsible, trustworthy students with leadership qualities to serve as library aides to assist Mrs. Johnson in the mornings. Stop by the library in early September to pick up an application.
Melissa Johnson, Librarian
281-576-2221, ext. 2888
Join our Birthday Book Club!
Our Birthday Book Club is a great way that parents, grandparents, and friends may honor a special student on his/her birthday.
More information can be found on the Birthday Book Club form.
Barbers Hill Blue Eagle Reading Program
This year the Elementary School Librarians are embarking on a brand new adventure! Mrs. Schultz and Ms. Johnson spent the spring of 2018 reading and evaluating new releases to include on the first annual Blue Eagle Nominee list. We had a great time exploring new reads, but boy, it was a difficult task! We narrowed it down to 10 incredible books that we believe our students will really enjoy reading! Students will be challenged to read at least 3 of the 10 choices to be eligible to vote for their favorite title at the end of the year. The librarians have encouraged students in grades 3 through 5 to read the nominees. Students reading all 10 of the nominees will be invited to a special party in the library at the end of the year.
We look forward to starting a NEW reading tradition! Find the 2018-19 list of nominees here!
There are many exciting activities planned for your child this year at Barbers Hill Elementary North's Library Media Center. To coordinate book fairs, author visits, incentives for the children, and other activities takes the cooperation of staff members and volunteers.
We invite everyone to take part in your child's reading by volunteering at our library.
Find ebooks, magazines, videos, and pictures for information on animals, the environments, history, peoples and cultures, places, science and technology and more. Source citations available.
Find ebooks, magazines, newspaper articles, pictures, and reference content for information on current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more. Source citations available.
Find magazines, newspaper articles, academic journals, pictures, videos, and reference content for information on a wide range of topics. Source citations available.
Find articles, media, world atlas, learning games, geography explorer, learning zone, tour the USA, country comparisons, information on the animal kingdom and much more. Source citations available.
ProQuest SIRS Discoverer
Find articles, media, maps, current events, nonfiction eBooks, pro/con issues. Browse by subject or perform basic and advanced searches. Source citations available.
145 simultaneous and unlimited access eBooks in 5 curriculum aligned collections.