Pre-K (Tuition Based)
Like all Barbers Hill programs, our Tuition-PreK sets a standard of excellence for students. Historical data for this pre-kindergarten program (in its 8th year next fall) indicates that children who have completed the BH Tuition-PreK program score higher on average on end-of-year kindergarten tests than students who have not completed our program.
The Tuition PreK is limited to children who live within Barbers Hill ISD boundaries, or is a child or grandchild of a BHISD employee, and will be 4 years old by September 1, 2018.
BHISD will begin accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year on Tuesday, April 10, at 6:30 a.m. at the Kindergarten Center. Enrollment is limited and applications considered on a first-come basis.
Barbers Hill Tuition PreK provides many advantages not available elsewhere. A few of our most outstanding benefits are:
- Certified Early Childhood Teachers
- Small Class sizes (One teacher per every eight students)
- Certified Counselor, Librarian, and Registered Nurse on staff
- Comprehensive Computer Literacy program
Monthly Tuition includes:
- Bus transportation to/from your home or daycare
- School lunches
- All school supplies
- Monthly field trips
Compare our tuition costs,including all the items listed above, with local daycare costs:
"I am so happy we chose to put (our child) in this program and will do the same for my other two children. I was very impressed when walking the halls, hearing such a positive atmosphere and learning going on, when nobody knew there was anyone around. BHKC has exceeded my expectations!" Brandi
"The teachers and aides take a personal interest in every single student. It is great to see the love they have for not only their job but for their students as well!" Jennifer
"We have a true reader on our hands thanks to my son's Tuition PreK teacher. He's not just reading from memory, he is sounding out words he has never seen before. We are so proud to be a part of BHISD!" Tammy
"Tuition PreK was an amazing experience and provided a great opportunity to extend my son's language experience. In kindergarten he participates in the Bilinguial program, and thanks to the strong foundation in T-PreK, he has been able to learn to read in English and Spanish. And he knows his sight word lists in both English and Spanish!" Dana
"My child has grown academically and socially, all due to these incredible PreK teachers. Teachers like these wonderful ladies are the foundation of this program." Laura
Tuition-based pre-kindergarten is an optional program for children whose parents want them to attend pre-kindergarten in Barbers Hill ISD to prepare them for kindergarten.
Barbers Hill ISD offers tuition-based pre-kindergarten to children who are 4 years old on or before September 1st based on space available.
Tuition-Based Pre-Kindergarten in Barbers HIll ISD offers quality early learning:
- Child-centered curriculum based on the Texas pre-kindergarten guidelines
- Comprehensive early language and literacy program designed to prepare children for success in kindergarten
- Integrated technology with opportunities throughout the day for children to use computers and interactive boards to increase their learning
- Highly qualified and certified teachers in every classroom.
- Tuition for the program is $700 per month.
- $100.00 non refundable application fee.
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8:20-3:40p.m
Tuition Based Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment Information for 2017-2018
To enroll your child in pre-kindergarten, parents need to bring:
- Proof of residency: a current lease or mortgage statement, utility bill.
- An official birth certificate.
- The student’s social security card
- Proof of current immunizations
- Parent ID
Pre-Kindergarten is a hot topic in Texas as our state legislators discuss future expansion of regular PreK. Read more here for information on how quality PreK programs can help children succeed.Pre-K Executive Summary