Parent Engagement/Involvement Policy
The staff of Barbers Hill Pre-K Center believes parent involvement in the education process is a vital component of student success. We will focus on providing ongoing opportunities for the adult caregivers of our students to be involved and to gain a deeper understanding of the importance of their role in the education of their children. In order to promote parent involvement, the following policy has been developed.
Policy Development and Distribution
- The Parent Involvement Policy will be developed and approved by the campus staff and Campus Improvement Team and distributed to parents at the beginning of each school year.
- Parental involvement will be assessed annually and strategies to increase the level of involvement in appropriate school activities will be developed and implemented.
- Parents will be encouraged to provide input and suggestions for the improvement of instructional programs.
- Parents will be involved in campus improvement planning and decision making for instructional programs including Title I.
- Parent will be informed annually of campus instructional programs, including Title I and its purposes and benefits to students, through parent/student orientations, “Meet the Teacher” nights, and letters to parents.
- Parents, staff, and students will jointly commit to home school compacts which detail how they will share responsibility for improved student performance.
- Parents will be informed of student progress through:
- Parent-Teacher conferences
- Reports of district assessment results (Beginning, Middle and End of Year)
- School Report Card- each nine weeks
- Agendas and ClassDojo – daily communication with the teacher
- Parents will be provided opportunities for school involvement including:
- Volunteer Program- Family members may volunteer to help school with every day operations and special events
- Mentor Program- Family and community members may volunteer to be a mentor to a child and create lasting connections
- Fall Festival- Family members may participate in this community-wide event to create awareness of Drug Free Schools
- Campus Improvement Team- Parents may participate in this team to review present levels of performance, needs, and goals for the school.
- Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC)- The Language Proficiency Committee process ensures regular monitoring of ELLs’ progress and linguistic supports they receive and makes recommendations for assessments, and student placement. Family members may participate in these meetings.
- Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD) Committee- The Admission, Review, & Dismissal committee is responsible for making the educational decisions for a student. Parents are members of the ARD committee.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) –This program provides opportunities for dads to volunteer and be involved in the daily operation and safety of the campus.
- Room Parents- Family members may serve as room parents. Room parents help teachers prepare instructional materials and assist with special events
- Special Events-Parents may attend special events throughout the school year.
- Field trips-Parents may have the opportunity to attend field trips.
*Some involvement opportunities will require approved criminal background checks.
**This plan may be amended due to restrictions related to COVID-19.